FREE call blockers for People Living with Dementia
The National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team is focussing on dementia sufferers who may be receiving scams or nuisance calls and offering a solution. The NTS Scams Team is offering FREE call blocking devices.
Why install a call blocker
Previous trials have shown:
The blocking technology supplied by trueCall (www.truecall.co.uk) is extremely effective blocking over 95% of nuisance calls.
People have reported many benefits from having a call blocker such as:
- Allowing people to live independently for longer
- Significantly reducing the risk of financial harm.
- Reducing anxiety, confusion and stress for older people, their family and their professional carers
- Reducing the risk of trips, falls and distraction accidents due to getting up to answer the phone unnecessarily
- Helping those who live alone feel safer and more in control and giving peace of mind to their family and friends[i]
To get a FREE call blocking device, YES should be answered to the following –
- Do you or the person you are applying for receive nuisance and scam calls?
- Does the person who would like the call blocker have dementia?
If you answered yes to the above then please apply at www.friendsagainstscams.org.uk/callblocker
If you have any queries please contact us at Call.BlockerProject@eastsussex.gov.uk