Gangs and exploitation awareness course for parents and carers
DC Anoushka Dunic of the Metroplitan Police East Area Gangs Unit has asked us to advertise the following online course –
‘This commended FREE course is now available online for ALL parents and carers in Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge! The course is 3 weeks long, with a 2 hour ONLINE session per week.
This round will be delivered on Microsoft Teams (This App can downloaded on phones, tablets or laptops). You can remain anonymous and be as interactive as you feel comfortable with.
The dates for this course are THURSDAYS 26 November, 03 December and 10 December 2020 at 7:30-9:30pm (all sessions to be attended).
Gangs & Exploitation Awareness Training for Parents and Carers–
We will be discussing the following topics-
- What street gangs are and what they do
- To understand some of the language/social media used by gangs and young people
- Looking into the term “county lines”
- The different stages of exploitation and recognise some of the signs and symptoms of children who may have been exploited
- Stress responses and behaviour
- Some of the reasons children may be more vulnerable to exploitation by gangs and the link to childhood trauma
- The trauma experienced by children and young people involved in gang lifestyles
- “Attachment” and the need for strong, nurturing attachments between parent/caregiver and child
- Resilience in children
- Parenting tools
- Why our children may resist help/support from services
To book your space please register via www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gangs-exploitation-awareness-for-parentscarers-3-week-online-course-tickets-124812498543 .’