Havering Council – Emergency measures to support local economy
Havering Council’s Chief Executive has approved a range of emergency economic development services in relation to the Coronavirus Pandemic and its impact on the Havering Economy. The measures are summarised below. For full details see the Havering Council website.
- To aggregate and fact-check news to inform an internal economic briefing.
- To engage with Time FM as a channel for the coordination of reciprocal local business collaboration.
- To increase the frequency of the Business Briefing for release as frequently as daily.
- To establish a protocol for daily website updates to act as a respected and authoritative source of information to local business.
- To establish a telephone hotline for local business enquiries for information – this will supplement rather than replace existing customer contact channels.
- To deliver a programme of webinars to inform local businesses and importantly receive feedback.
- To undertake gap analysis of support given by HM Government to all sections of the local economy especially the recently self-employed and those not operating out of business rated properties.
- To undertake a business impact survey to measure further required impact mitigation.