UK Power Networks free Priority Services Register
UK Power Networks’, who own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England, have asked us to publicise their free Priority Services Register (PSR) to local residents.
‘Power cuts don’t happen very often but if the electricity network is damaged or develops a fault it’s our job to get the power back on. Our engineers work around the clock 24/7 to restore power as quickly as is safely possible. Being on our Priority Services Register will ensure residents receive extra support if they experience a power cut, including –
- A priority number that they can call 24 hours a day
- Proactive text and voice message alerts, letting residents know when we are aware of a large power cut in their area
- In certain scenarios we may also offer a free hotel room overnight and transport to the hotel, or complementary hot meals, whilst we fix the power cut
There is absolutely no cost for being on the Priority Services Register, nor is there ever any charges for any of the free support residents will receive during a power cut. We will never sell anything to people on the register, and UK Power Networks incurs all costs for any additional support given during a power cut.
Residents can register if they, or a member of their household –
- Has a medical condition, mental or physical impairment or requires reasonable adjustments
- Is of pensionable age
- Has children under the age of 5 years
- Is struggling with mental health
- Is undergoing difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, job loss, etc.
- Needs communications to be in a different language or format
We also recognise that people may also need support because of life-changing events, such as bereavement, relationship breakdown, job loss, recovery from hospital treatment or living independently for the first time. If anyone is experiencing any of these circumstances, they can register to receive extra help on a temporary basis, for as long as they need it.