Overgrown hedges and trees

In the spring and summer months, councillors are regularly contacted about overgrown bushes, hedges and trees that are obstructing pavements. Havering Council will prune any that are on public or council owned land but many are growing from private gardens.

It should be remembered that residents are responsible for ensuring foliage from their own gardens does not cause problems to pedestrians and vehicles, and the council will contact them if a complaint is made. In extreme cases, enforcement action can be taken. For further information, visit the council’s trees and hedges web pages.

If you have a tree, hedge or bush that is overgrown and you are unable to prune it yourself, you can visit the Trading Standards Buy With Confidence website www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk/ to find an approved trader.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.