Paying Council Tax and Garden Waste subscriptions by cheque

Although most people pay for their Council Tax by Direct Debit, via the internet or by phone, we recently received an enquiry asking whether Havering Council still accept payments by cheque.

We contacted the council, who confirmed that for both Council Tax and Garden Waste Collection (green bin) subscriptions, they do accept cheques.

If you pay in this way, please write your Council Tax account number or Green Waste contract number on the back of the cheque. Cheques should be sent to London Borough of Havering, Town Hall, Main Road, Romford RM1 3BB.

For Council Tax payments, they will issue a receipt if requested. For Garden Waste subscriptions, a receipt will not be issued but the subscriber will receive a bin sticker and calendar.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.