‘Have Your Say’ on Police Station Closures
A public meeting will be held on Wednesday 13th September (6pm-8pm) at the Salvation Army Hall, 49 High Street, Romford RM11 1JL, to discuss proposals set out by the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) to shut eight Safer Neighbourhood Team bases in Havering, as well as four administrative spaces.
The proposals include the disposal of:
* the police office in Station Lane, Havering
* partnership with St George’s Church, Romford
* Hornchurch Police Station
* Rainham Police Station
* Safer neighbourhood base at Roneo Corner
* Safer neighbourhood base at Tadworth Parade, Elm Park
* Safer neighbourhood base, Collier Row Road, Romford
* Safer neighbourhood base, North Street, Romford
* Safer neighbourhood base, Tudor House, Balgores Square, Romford
* Safer neighbourhood base, Straight Road, Harold Hill
* Safer neighbourhood base, Corbets Tey Road, Upminster
* Safer neighbourhood base, Station Road, Romford.
The full report and details of all proposed closures can be viewed HERE.
To respond to the consultation, see HERE.
The consultation finishes on October 6th.
Cllr Clarence Barrett (Cranham RA) said: “Given the ongoing challenges associated with the tri-borough policing scheme, these further proposals are likely to stretch police presence in Havering even more. The proposed closures represent a fundamental change to our policing strategy and could undermine the safety of our residents. I would urge residents to respond to the consultation, either on-line, in writing or by attending the public meeting”.