Working Families’ Legal Advisory Service
Working Families is a UK work-life balance charity, whose mission is to remove the barriers that people with caring responsibilities face in the workplace. One of the ways they do this is by providing free legal advice to parents and carers on their rights at work.
Their legal advisory team has provided bespoke advice for over 3,000 people over the past year with a further 2 million users visiting their webpages. Most of their service users are women (85%) from low-income backgrounds (60%), a significant proportion residing and working in the London area.
Their free Legal Advisory Service is available for parents, carers, and others seeking information on their behalf. Issues covered include –
- Pregnancy and Maternity Rights
- Discrimination as a parent/carer
- Adoption, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave
- Flexible working and imposed change
- Emergency and Parental Leave
- In-work benefits and Tax Credits
They can be contacted on 0300 012 0312 (11am-2pm) or via their website workingfamilies.org.uk .